K3 M1 Button Corrupt

Ron N9RC
I was running K3 with HRD software and manually entered MENU.  Not sure of the exact sequence but now the M1 button functions like the MENU button and returns to the last MENU setting I was looking at.  Toggling again returns to NORMAL operation.  This is via front panel button or software command.  I have powered down and up and reloaded all K3 software.  I suspect a hidden table with button actions that needs to be reset.  Any ideas?

Ron N9RC
Ron N9RC
K2 #3601, K3 #1162

Re: K3 M1 Button Corrupt

Don Wilhelm-4
Ron,

Hopefully you have a saved configuration file.
That sounds like a good reason to do an EEINIT and restore the
configuration file.
If you need info on how to do EEINIT, look in the manual under Parameter
Initialization n the Troubleshooting section.

If that does not correct it, contact support.

On 12/12/2015 2:57 PM, Ron N9RC wrote:
> I was running K3 with HRD software and manually entered MENU.  Not sure of
> the exact sequence but now the M1 button functions like the MENU button and
> returns to the last MENU setting I was looking at.  Toggling again returns
> to NORMAL operation.  This is via front panel button or software command.  I
> have powered down and up and reloaded all K3 software.  I suspect a hidden
> table with button actions that needs to be reset.  Any ideas?
>
> Ron N9RC

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K3 M1 Button Corrupt

Scott-2
Don't automatically assume your M1 button is corrupt.  IIRC, I think the
M1 - M4 buttons can be used for macros or frequency selection.  See the
K3 manual on specifics.  You may have accidentally set the M1=MENU as a
macro.  Try overwriting the M1 button with either another macro or
frequency, whatever you want it to do.  Good luck.

Scott
AD5HS

On 12/12/2015 1:57 PM, Ron N9RC wrote:

> I was running K3 with HRD software and manually entered MENU.  Not sure of
> the exact sequence but now the M1 button functions like the MENU button and
> returns to the last MENU setting I was looking at.  Toggling again returns
> to NORMAL operation.  This is via front panel button or software command.  I
> have powered down and up and reloaded all K3 software.  I suspect a hidden
> table with button actions that needs to be reset.  Any ideas?
>
> Ron N9RC
>

> -----
> Ron N9RC
> K2 #3601, K3 #1162

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K3 M1 Button Corrupt

Ron N9RC
Don,  Good news EE INIT cures the problem.  Bad news I'll be manually rebuilding my config.
Ron N9RC
K2 #3601, K3 #1162

Re: K3 M1 Button Corrupt

NK7Z