K3 Main/Sub Audio settings

Alexandr Kobranov
Just my observations using switching main/sub audio channels using
!bed.. command:

I am happy with !bed7; having MAIN in both channels and SUB in right
channel only, it is as I love it :-)

The only "complication" is that after switching sub OFF and then again
ON this setting is not recalled (it is again as default main left/sub
right). So I need again send command (!bed7;) to K3 to establish what
I want. (So I need to heva K3 utility running etc...)

Hope such setting will be in future f/w versions possible to save and
go to this each time SUB is activated. Better said I am sure it will
be :-)

Just having SO4R on 30m (with 10W an vertical) thanks to smooth
operation split with sub RX, very nice, thanks Elecraft! :-)

73!'
Lexa, ok1dst
K3/10 #727

Re: K3 Main/Sub Audio settings

Don Wilhelm-4
Lexa,

The requirement to enter these commands manually is temporary.  When the
commands were revealed by  Lyle he did say that they would not persist
over a power cycle.  For now the functions only exist in the DSP code.
Once Wayne completes MCU controls for these DSP functions it will be
available with much less fuss and bother.

Alexandr Kobranov wrote:

> Just my observations using switching main/sub audio channels using
> !bed.. command:
>
> I am happy with !bed7; having MAIN in both channels and SUB in right
> channel only, it is as I love it :-)
>
> The only "complication" is that after switching sub OFF and then again
> ON this setting is not recalled (it is again as default main left/sub
> right). So I need again send command (!bed7;) to K3 to establish what
> I want. (So I need to heva K3 utility running etc...)
>
> Hope such setting will be in future f/w versions possible to save and
> go to this each time SUB is activated. Better said I am sure it will
> be :-)

Re: K3 Main/Sub Audio settings

Alexandr Kobranov
HI Don,

as I said - this is great now at will be only better if controlled in
MCU :-)
Great job!

Thnaks

73!
Lexa, ok1dst
K3/10 #727

Don Wilhelm napsal(a):

> Lexa,
>
> The requirement to enter these commands manually is temporary.  When the
> commands were revealed by  Lyle he did say that they would not persist
> over a power cycle.  For now the functions only exist in the DSP code.
> Once Wayne completes MCU controls for these DSP functions it will be
> available with much less fuss and bother.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> Alexandr Kobranov wrote:
>> Just my observations using switching main/sub audio channels using
>> !bed.. command:
>>
>> I am happy with !bed7; having MAIN in both channels and SUB in right
>> channel only, it is as I love it :-)
>>
>> The only "complication" is that after switching sub OFF and then again
>> ON this setting is not recalled (it is again as default main left/sub
>> right). So I need again send command (!bed7;) to K3 to establish what
>> I want. (So I need to heva K3 utility running etc...)
>>
>> Hope such setting will be in future f/w versions possible to save and
>> go to this each time SUB is activated. Better said I am sure it will
>> be :-)

Re: K3 Main/Sub Audio settings

Arie Kleingeld PA3A-2
Yes, indeed.

It would be perfect if this would come in the menu. I'll put that one at
close hand, say under the PF1 button.
Especially if some (50%?) audio would leak from left to right AND right
to left. Which probably will have to be switched off when operating in
diversity, due to phase related audio-cancellation. But I'll accept
that.

(I'm nearly at the point where I am gonna sell my FT1KMP :-) )

73
Arie PA3A