K3 New User. Not sure how to use sub receiver.

K3 New User. Not sure how to use sub receiver.

Richard K
If this has posted, I have not seen it. Repeat just in case.
Bought a K3 recently and like it but feel I am only receiving half the benefit.
Previously used a Yaesu Ft-1000MP Mark-V where main to sub was a push of a button.
Perhaps I have not changed needed settings. Using a Butternut HF-9V for both receivers on K3.
My goal...being able to switch between main and sub, listen and speak on both receivers individually.
Would someone help me in this short but to me complicated jouney thus making it possible to enjoy both receivers and make the halves into a whole.
Thanks in advance,
Rick/W3RKI