K3/P3 External Keyboard Question

Paul Matthews
Hello:

I have a K3 and P3. I am using a Logitech K120 external keyboard connected to the P3.
While in the CQ WW Contest I noticed that the 1,2,3 keys (above letters)did not work (type info to screen).
It was a new keyboard so for $10 I figured it was defective. Returned it for a $3 more expensive K120 keyboard.
The 1 & 2, and D keys do not work. The numerical key (far right side) all work.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you 73 Paul KB4GYT

Re: K3/P3 External Keyboard Question

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Check to make sure you do not have a blank macro or blank text message set up for those keys.

To check the text messages:  Press Ctrl-Alt-T and then use the up/down arrows to scroll through the list, look for the 1, 2 or 3 keycode.
To check the macros:  Press Ctrl-Alt-M and then do the same thing.

Did you buy the P3 used?

-Paul
Paul Saffren - N6HZ
Project Manager
Elecraft Inc.
831-763-4211 x122
www.elecraft.com
On 9/28/2015 6:00 PM, Paul Matthews [via Elecraft] wrote:
Hello:

I have a K3 and P3. I am using a Logitech K120 external keyboard connected to the P3.
While in the CQ WW Contest I noticed that the 1,2,3 keys (above letters)did not work (type info to screen).
It was a new keyboard so for $10 I figured it was defective. Returned it for a $3 more expensive K120 keyboard.
The 1 & 2, and D keys do not work. The numerical key (far right side) all work.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you 73 Paul KB4GYT

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-P3-External-Keyboard-Question-tp7608469.html
To unsubscribe from [P3], click here.
NAML

Re: K3/P3 External Keyboard Question

Paul Matthews
Hi Paul

BINGO! Yes, it was Ctrl-Alt-M that held the 1,2, and D keys. I erased them and now all is well.
 I did check Ctrl-Alt-T and cleared them but did not think about the other one.
I bought my entire K Line new; a piece at a time! What a great station.
Thank you for your help.
73 Paul KB4GYT