K3 + P3 + Microkeyer

Ray G3XLG
Hi Guys

If we add the K500 to the line up above of K3+P3+MK11, how does the K500 fit
in please and will I need any additional cables beyond the KPAK3AUX that I
have ordered with the Amplifier? Similarly how does the SteppIR controller
then fit in?

73 de Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

Re: K3 + P3 + Microkeyer

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

The KPA-500 does not figure in the K3+P3+MKII "chain" ... As long as
you have the DB15HD "Y" cable (part of the KPAK3AUX cable set), you
can connect the KPA-500/K3 AUX cable to one leg and the MK II ACC
plug to the other and there will be no issue.

If you use the MK II PA PTT output for amplifier keying, you will want
to include the Elecraft "Key Line Interrupter) between the KPA-500/K3
AUX cable and KPA-500 to block the K3 -> KPA3 key out signal.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 6/5/2012 2:08 PM, Ray Spreadbury wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> If we add the K500 to the line up above of K3+P3+MK11, how does the K500 fit
> in please and will I need any additional cables beyond the KPAK3AUX that I
> have ordered with the Amplifier? Similarly how does the SteppIR controller
> then fit in?
>
> 73 de Ray G3XLG

Re: K3 + P3 + Microkeyer

Robby.VY2SS
What if I already have the AUX split for the KRC2?

-Robby
VY2SS

Re: K3 + P3 + Microkeyer

Ed Muns, W0YK
You can add as many Y-adapters as needed to the K3 AUX connector.  In some
of my setups, I have as many as four, due to the number of devices connected
to the AUX signals.  Just be sure you get Y-adapters that have all 15 pins
wired through and none shorted to each other.

Ed W0YK

Robby, VY2SS, wrote:
> What if I already have the AUX split for the KRC2?

Re: K3 + P3 + Microkeyer

OE5CSP-Chris
Can I use the key line interrupter (KPAK3AUX) between the K3 and the ultrabeam controller? I´m looking for a way to protect the beam( keying while elements are moving) without buying a microham device(rather expensive), or is there another way I could go?

73,Chris-OE5CSP

Re: K3 + P3 + Microkeyer

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

If the Ultrabeam controller provides a PTT interrupt circuit you can
use the KPAK3AUX Key Line Interrupter to disconnect the Key line in
the KPAAUX cable and route Key Out from the K3 through the Ultrabeam
controller to the PA Key jack on the KPA-500.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 6/16/2012 4:31 AM, OE5CSP-Chris wrote:

> Can I use the key line interrupter (KPAK3AUX) between the K3 and the
> ultrabeam controller? I´m looking for a way to protect the beam( keying
> while elements are moving) without buying a microham device(rather
> expensive), or is there another way I could go?
>
> 73,Chris-OE5CSP

Re: K3 + P3 + Microkeyer

Mike K2MK
Hi Chris,

To add to Joe's answer, if the Ultrabeam controller does not an interrupt circuit built into it you could use the N8LP Tuning Relay.
http://www.telepostinc.com/STR.html

73,
Mike K2MK

Joe Subich, W4TV-4 wrote