[K3] P3 v1.17

Roy Morris-6
I have installed version 1.17 in my P3 and have enabled SVGA data display.
I set the font size to 2 where I think the decoding takes place at the
bottom of the external monitor  I have turned on CW TEXT DEC and set to CW
30-90 on the K3.  I thought I would see the CW decoded, but I am seeing
nothing.  I must be missing something.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

Re: [K3] P3 v1.17

Bruce Beford-2
Ray,

Q1. Are you seeing the decoded CW on the K3 VFO B display? If not, then the
problem is in the K3 config. If so, then the problem is in the P3.

Q2. when you updated the firmware in the P3, did you have the P3 utility
send ALL the new files? You need P3M0117 and P3S0105 both, plus you should
let it update the FPGA bin image files also.

Q3. did you remember to turn on the SVGA data mode, in the SVGA menu (per
the quick start guide)?

GL,

Bruce, N1RX

Re: [K3] P3 v1.17

Roy Morris-6
The CW code display is now working on the external monitor.  It has to be
turned on and off through the P3 SVGA menu.  I thought the external monitor
might revert to the full screen (turning off the decode screen) when the
mode is changed from CW to LSB or USB.  This is not the case.  Unless the CW
is almost perfect, I am getting a lot of jibberish.  I find font size #2
looks good.   Roy  W4WFB

Re: [K3] P3 v1.17

John_N1JM
I think there will soon be an upcoming firmware fix for the K3's cw decode problem, so I have heard..

John N1JM

Re: [K3] P3 v1.17

Gary Gregory
*Before the next contest I hope...:-)
73
*
On 23 July 2012 08:53, John_N1JM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think there will soon be an upcoming firmware fix for the K3's cw decode
> problem, so I have heard..
>
> John N1JM

*Gary*
*"If you don't know where you are going you will probably end up somewhere
else."*