[K3] RESOLVED split mode apparently not working with WSJTX JT9.

[K3] RESOLVED split mode apparently not working with WSJTX JT9.

Larry Lopez
This post was updated on .
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

WSJTX does not seem to be setting
VFO B frequency with the K3 in split
mode and with WSJTX in split mode.

Many web pages sat that in split mode
WSJTX moves the split fequency around
in 500 Hz increments so that WSJTX
can cover the 4K Hz width of the combined
JT65/JT9 allocation.

The 6K KHz audio filter seems to be working fine
for receive.

I just never see the WSJTX software setting the
split frequency.

Re: [K3] split mode apparently not working with WSJTX JT9.

k5oai
I use DXLabs Commander as the CAT controller for WSJTX
https://picasaweb.google.com/k5oai.sam/Digital#6013677746237592786

you have to set the K3 into Split

as well as check the WSJTX software for [ ] Split TX

--
GB & 73
K5OAI

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K3] split mode apparently not working with WSJTX JT9.

Larry Lopez
Thank you for helping.

I have set K3 to split, the TX arrow points down.
I have set WSJTX for Split in the configuration check box.
I have no controller, WSJTX talks to K3 directly
using elecraft USB serial cable (from elecraft elivered Monday).
WSJTX cat control gets and sets frequency correclty on main vfo.

but I don't see anything happening on VFO B frequency when I select
3 K Hz.

Larry

Re: [K3] split mode apparently not working with WSJTX JT9.

k5oai
to get to their Help file either hit F1, or tselect Online Helo from the
drop down Help menu

from the WSJTX Online Help
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-toc2.html#TUT_MAIN

under Transceiver Setup:

Bandwidth and Frequency Setting

Many SSB transceivers have a fixed-width Tx filter that will not pass
audio frequencies higher than about 2700 Hz. WSJT-X takes care of this
by offering a Split Tx mode, receiving with VFO A and transmitting with
VFO B. Under CAT control WSJT-X offsets the Tx dial frequency (VFO B) in
500 Hz steps, adjusting the generated audio frequency so that it always
falls in the range 1500 – 2000 Hz. With CAT and Split Tx enabled on the
configuration screen and your transceiver set to Split mode, this
frequency control will be handled automatically.

If your transceiver has only a standard SSB filter you won’t be able to
use more than about 2.7 kHz bandwidth. You can still have all of the JT9
sub-band and part of the JT65 sub-band available on screen, however. On
20m, say, set dial frequency (VFO A) to 14.0774 and the JT9 nnnn JT65
dividing line at 1600 Hz. JT9 signals in their conventional sub-band
will then appear at 1600 – 2600 Hz, while JT65 signals will be below
1000 Hz. Of course, you might prefer to concentrate on one mode at a
time, setting your dial frequency to (say) 14.076 for JT65 and 14.078
for JT9. Present conventions have the nominal JT9 dial frequency 2 kHz
higher than the JT65 dial frequency, and the checkbox labeled +2 kHz,
just below the Band selector, makes the appropriate settings easy.

--
GB & 73
K5OAI
Sam Morgan

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K3] split mode apparently not working with WSJTX JT9.

k5oai
I just set mine up like yours using the K3 CAT

https://picasaweb.google.com/k5oai.sam/Digital#6013717488489012674

here's the sequence I use to make it work for me:

Set K3 to TX DATA  DATA A
tune VFOA to say 14.076
double tap A>B   (to set VFO A & B to all the same settings)
now HOLD A>B  (to get into split)

now with WSJTX Configuration Station
[X] check enable CAT
Rig: Elecraft K3/KX3
CAT port: (set to your usb port)
Serial rate: 38400
Handshake: None
DTR and RTS boxes  [ ]  not checked

Data button

Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 2

[X] Split Tx  checked

I use Polling interval (s): 5

click OK

(at this point you might want to exit and restart WSJTX to be sure the
setting were saved)

after restarting WSJTX
try clicking on some place in the watter rall and watch your VFO B move
around. this tells you it worked!

gud luck

--
GB & 73
K5OAI

I'll try it tonight.
I bet it's because I haven't been setting the frequency on the VFO B !!!

Re: [K3] split mode apparently not working with WSJTX JT9.

Larry Lopez
I needed to clone A-> B
I needed to go to DATA A mode.

Thank you very much !!!