K3/RigExpert/P3

Larry Boekeloo
I have a great K3 with a RigExpert TI-5.  The TI-5 uses the RS-232 serial port on the K3.  I would like to purchase a P3 and see that it also needs to use the RS-232 port on the K3.  Is anyone else running the K3/RigExpert TI-5/P3 combination using some type of "Y" cable for the RS-232 port?

Thanks.

Larry, KN8N

Re: K3/RigExpert/P3

Lyle Johnson
I have a RigExpert Plus, and the RS232 port connects to the P3, then the
P3 daisy-chains to the K3.  No Y-cable needed.

As a bonus, I can download firmware into the P3 or K3 with this setup.

73,

Lyle KK7P
> I have a great K3 with a RigExpert TI-5.  The TI-5 uses the RS-232 serial port on the K3.  I would like to purchase a P3 and see that it also needs to use the RS-232 port on the K3.  Is anyone else running the K3/RigExpert TI-5/P3 combination using some type of "Y" cable for the RS-232 port?

Re: K3/RigExpert/P3

WB4SON
Hi Larry.

I use the TI-5 myself and have the K3/P3/KPA500.  As Lyle does with his
RigExpert Plus, you just plug the TI-5 into the P3 serial port.  It works
fine and I've had no issue updating firmware in either unit.

73, Bob, WB4SON

73, Bob, WB4SON