K3 Service, Don, and Parts Kudos

John W2XS
Forgive me for posting yet another message about the quality of service from Elecraft, but I wanted to share the events of this week. The whole thing happened so fast that my head is still spinning.

First, I sent an email to Don asking a question about the power connector pins. I quickly received a response which was helpful and pointed me to the K3 support address. I sent an email to K3 support and a few minutes later it was answered by Howard. He advised exactly how to get the parts.

I sent an email to Parts and immediately got an automatic reply that my email had been received.  Very shortly after that I received an email from Richard saying that the parts were on the way.  I responded back with a thank you.  He responded back with a "no problem."

That was on Thursday.  Today is Saturday and the parts arrived this morning. I just wanted to say: thanks, guys, for the great support.

By the way, my K3 is from 2008 and has been running fine all these years.  I like to keep it up-to-date with all hardware and firmware upgrades.

Now back to fighting for FT43A on 17m.  My P3 shows that the pileup is 20 kHz wide!

73,

John W2XS

K1 (S/N 2191) w/all options.
KX1 (S/N 015) w/KXPD1, KXAT1, KXB30 (the one reviwed in QST)
K2 (S/N 1116) w/KAT2, KSB2, K160RX, KIO2, KBT2, KNB2, KAF2, FDIMP
Drake T4-X (S/N 11116)
K3/100 (S/N 919) w/KAT3, KBPF3, KUSB, KFL3A-200, 500, 2.7k, 6k, 13k, KRX3, PR6-10, K3SYNA, KXV3
P3 (S/N 476)
HexKey (S/N 113 )
DL1, BL1, BL2, N-gen, XG1, W1, BNC-MM
plus: NC-40A and SST-40 (Waynes's early creations)