K3 Transmit Bandwidth for 60 Meters

dave_w0ru
The upper sideband bandwidth on 60 meters is limited by the rules to 2.8 KHz. I have the 2.7 KHz filter for FL1. In CONFIG menu I have FLTX SB set to FL1. Is this sufficent or do I need to pay attention to TX EQ setting in MAIN menu? If so, what are the settings?

73 de Dave W0RU

Re: K3 Transmit Bandwidth for 60 Meters

Don Wilhelm-4
Dave,

2.7 kHz is less than 2.8 kHz, so you should be fine.

On 1/17/2014 10:28 PM, dave_w0ru wrote:
> The upper sideband bandwidth on 60 meters is limited by the rules to 2.8 KHz.
> I have the 2.7 KHz filter for FL1. In CONFIG menu I have FLTX SB set to FL1.
> Is this sufficent or do I need to pay attention to TX EQ setting in MAIN
> menu? If so, what are the settings?
>
> 73 de Dave W0RU

Re: K3 Transmit Bandwidth for 60 Meters

k6dgw
Well, practically, yes ... because no one is watching your bandwidth
unless it is really excessive [it probably won't be] and another primary
user complains.  Technically, a 2.7KHz filter is a bit wider than that.

On the other hand, there is no reason to be modulating your radio with
audio above about 2.2KHz or so.  The guy to ask about that is Jim, K9YC.
  I set my TX EQ to his recommendations, I get many unsolicited "Great
audio" comments in the few SSB contests I enter, and I'm pretty sure
with a 2.7 and those EQ settings, you'd be as legal as you can be on 60m
... or anywhere else

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org