K3 Utility Sugestion

Rich
The next time you play with the code for the K3 Utility please consider adding a button for "Beta Update." Do you realize that I (and probably many others) have only used the normal update method once, when we first purchased the radio.  It should not be that hard to add another button for Beta Firmware, and color it orange or red just as a reminder that it is for the Beta firmware and not the “Released” firmware.
Rich,
KE0X

Re: K3 Utility Sugestion

Dick Dievendorff
It is on our list.  Handling zip archives has been discussed and deferred in favor of other tasks.

What you're asking for is a bit more than a simple red button.  It's all the code to unzip an archive file.  The distribution mechanism (separate files versus a single zip file) is very different.

It can be (and has been) argued that we should handle the beta zip file in the K3 Utility, and maybe even the main distribution should be a single zip file.  But it's not as trivial as adding a button, and other tasks are ahead of this one.

Dick, K6KR