K3 and Microwave Transverters using 144 Mhz IF

K3 and Microwave Transverters using 144 Mhz IF

DanaVE3KU
Hi Guys

I'm using my K3 as an IF for 144 - 1296 Mhz driving transverters...
on the lower bands 222, 432 the IF is 28 Mhz so I have been able to
set up the display to show the appropriate band and IF frequency (in this case 28 Mhz)

The problem I am having is for 902 and 1296, where the IF is 144 Mhz.

I'm using the internal 144 Mhz transverter in the K3 to drive them, however
I don't see any way to set up the K3 so that it displays 903 or 296 AND
use the internal transverter selected as the IF...

The options only appear to be 21, 28 or 50 Mhz IF...

I wonder if the K3 firmware could be modified such that you can select
the IF at 144 if the internal transverter is selected...so you have 21, 28, 50 or 144 Mhz as the IF options.

It would likely have to be something where you would use the data in XV1 and overlaying that onto
say XV5 and XV6, but with additional ability to adjust the display to show
the higher bands...

Perhaps this option is there already?... and I've just missed it?

73 Dana VE3KU

Re: K3 and Microwave Transverters using 144 Mhz IF

DanaVE3KU
Ok, I found it... the solution already exists within the firmware!!

Nice work guys, it's slick!

Dana

Re: K3 and Microwave Transverters using 144 Mhz IF

g3yjr
I have the same problem.

What solution did you find?

Re: K3 and Microwave Transverters using 144 Mhz IF

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
What is the problem you are referring to?

Eric
elecraft.com

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K3 and Microwave Transverters using 144 Mhz IF

g3yjr
<quote author="Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft">
What is the problem you are referring to?

Eric
Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote
What is the problem you are referring to?

Eric
elecraft.com
Hi Eric,

I can't see how to set the transverter settings on the K3, so that I have the internal 2m transverter as the 2m IF to my external 10GHz transverter. I want to have 10GHz on the K3's frequency display and set the max. power for the 2m IF feed etc.

Graham