K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

wayne burdick
Administrator
K3 beta-test firmware revision 3.05 (with DSP rev 2.12) is now
available. For details, see the release notes below.

Please send any problem reports to [hidden email]. For
instructions on how to load beta firmware, please see:

      http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm

We recommend that you use the latest revision of K3 Utility, which can
also be found on the K3 software page.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

* * *

MCU 3.06/DSP 2.12  April 1, 2009

* SSB POWER CONTROL: Decreased time that SSB power output takes to
reach target when PWR control adjusted. Also eliminated drive level
change when ATU TUNE is used.

* SQUELCH IN ALL MODES: To use this feature, locate CONFIG:SQ MAIN,
then tap '1' until you see "ALL".

To use the SUB RF/SQL pot to control both main and sub squelch, set
CONFIG:SQ MAIN to =SUB POT. (In this case, MAIN RF will control both
main and sub RF GAIN.)

If you want independent control of main and sub squelch, set SQ MAIN
and SQ SUB to numeric values (0 opens the squelch all the way). SQ MAIN
and SQ SUB will then be fully independent. They can be assigned to
programmable function switches if you use them frequently. (In this
case MAIN RF GAIN and SUB RF GAIN are independent, using the lower
concentric pots.)

---

http://www.elecraft.com

Re: K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

wayne burdick
Administrator
Typo:

> K3 beta-test firmware revision 3.05...

It's actually 3.06.

Wayne
N6KR

Re: K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

Gary Smith
I am forever amazed at the extent you all are willing to go to make
the K3 and Elecraft exceptional.

Thanks!

Gary
KA1J

> K3 beta-test firmware revision 3.05 (with DSP rev 2.12) is now
> available. For details, see the release notes below.

Re: K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

N5GE
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:25:58 -0700, wayne burdick <[hidden email]>
wrote:

Yahoo!

Thanks for letting me QSX on 6m and 2m white noise without hearing it!
This does two things for me:

1: Don't have to listen to the white noise.
2: Now When there is a signal on one of the two K3s I can tell which
one it is.

Good job you guys.

>Typo:
>
>> K3 beta-test firmware revision 3.05...
>
>It's actually 3.06.
>
>Wayne
>N6KR

>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE

Re: K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

K2QI
Thank you Wayne!  All-mode squelch sounds great.  Can't wait to try this
when I get home.

73,
James K3JPS

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:23 PM, wayne burdick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> K3 beta-test firmware revision 3.05 (with DSP rev 2.12) is now
> available. For details, see the release notes below.
>
> Please send any problem reports to [hidden email]. For
> instructions on how to load beta firmware, please see:
>
>      http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm
>
> We recommend that you use the latest revision of K3 Utility, which can
> also be found on the K3 software page.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>
> * * *
>
> MCU 3.06/DSP 2.12  April 1, 2009
>
> * SSB POWER CONTROL: Decreased time that SSB power output takes to
> reach target when PWR control adjusted. Also eliminated drive level
> change when ATU TUNE is used.
>
> * SQUELCH IN ALL MODES: To use this feature, locate CONFIG:SQ MAIN,
> then tap '1' until you see "ALL".
>
> To use the SUB RF/SQL pot to control both main and sub squelch, set
> CONFIG:SQ MAIN to =SUB POT. (In this case, MAIN RF will control both
> main and sub RF GAIN.)
>
> If you want independent control of main and sub squelch, set SQ MAIN
> and SQ SUB to numeric values (0 opens the squelch all the way). SQ MAIN
> and SQ SUB will then be fully independent. They can be assigned to
> programmable function switches if you use them frequently. (In this
> case MAIN RF GAIN and SUB RF GAIN are independent, using the lower
> concentric pots.)
>

> ---
>
> http://www.elecraft.com

--... ...-- -.. . .--- .- -- . ...

Re: K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

NZ0T
I downloaded 3.06 and the squelch works fine but now I have no RF gain control.  Am I doing something wrong?
Radio Amateur N5GE wrote
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:25:58 -0700, wayne burdick <n6kr@elecraft.com>
wrote:

Yahoo!

Thanks for letting me QSX on 6m and 2m white noise without hearing it!
This does two things for me:

1: Don't have to listen to the white noise.
2: Now When there is a signal on one of the two K3s I can tell which
one it is.

Good job you guys.

>Typo:
>
>> K3 beta-test firmware revision 3.05...
>
>It's actually 3.06.
>
>Wayne
>N6KR

Re: K3 beta firmware rev. 3.06: all-mode squelch; SSB power control improved

Jim - W6VAR
Wayne,

Thank you for the personal email and Elecraft's prompt response to addressing this issue.

Jim - W6VAR
K3# 1644

wayne burdick wrote

Please send any problem reports to k3support@elecraft.com. For
[...]

Adam Koczarski
Wayne/all,

If I set SQ MAIN to a value, say 6, I receive audio when the S meter reaches
6 or greater. If I set SQ MAIN to SUB POT I need to turn the pot until the
value displayed is a factor of 2x, or 12 in this example. Interesting they
aren't the same??

Adam - ka7ark

chen dave
Hello All,

      Anyone who have test equippments can confirm firmware rev.3.04/3.06
don't have power spine?

73s David / BA4RF

FW 3.06 - 6m missing

Arie Kleingeld PA3A-2
Loaded FW 3.06 yesterday. All OK except....

This morning I cycled through the bands and found 6 meters missing.
I am sure that 6m is mapped in. Checked that with K3-EZ and in the
config.

What happens is this:
Cycle up through the different bands and after the 10m band comes 6m? No
band noise, not even with pre-amp on.
AND the display says 30.000.00
Touching the VFO changes the display to 29.999.99 and the band noise
comes in. So probably I'm back at 10m.

Another thing I tried was this:
Switch to config and go to the band mapping.
Cycle through the bands until you reach 6m, and yes it is mapped in.
Leave config.
Display is at 30.000.00 and K3 reacts the same as mentioned above.

Only band I have mapped out is 60m.

Am I the only one with this problem? Or maybe I've missed something.

73
Arie PA3A
K3 #1255

Re: FW 3.06 - 6m missing

Dave, G4AON
Mine is OK, have you checked 6m isn't also mapped out?

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80 f/w 3.06
=======================
[...]

Dave,

6 m is mapped in . I double checked that,

I will try some older versions of the FW this morning.

Arie PA3A

Re: FW 3.06 - 6m missing

Arie Kleingeld PA3A-2

I've made some progress, thanks to the tips I got to my direct mailbox.
Thanks.

I'll report back later this day.

73
Arie PA3A

Re: FW 3.06 - 6m missing

Greg - AB7R
Arie,
Are you changing bands from the K3 band up/dn button or are you using
some software program to select the bands?

73
Greg
AB7R