K3 for EME/meteor scatter

WD6DBM
Udo:

I second everything Ed said about the K3 for EME and meteor scatter. It is the best radio I have used. I also use it in SSB mode, fliter wide open.

I have the 6 khz crystal filter installed, and have worked EME with my small station even when W6YX is 40 over 9 a few kHz away.

The passband is dead flat and you can see multiple signals out to the edges simultaneously. Set AGC off of course. You may be able to get away with using the DSP NR but it often interferes with WSJT decodes and requires AGC.

I set PF1 to toggle MIC between FP for normal SSB and LIN IN for WSJT.  PF2 is set to LIN OUT for quick and easy adjustment of audio level to the computer. This way I can set up for WSJT in a few seconds.

As Ed said no interface is needed. The K3 is very flexible for transverter use

You'll love it!

73

Eric. WD6DBM

Sent from my &$@!? iPhone