K3 keying the KPA-500 & transverter

dj7mgq
Hi,

I plan on using my K3 with the KPA-500 and my Kuhne 144 MHz transverter.

I would like to use the ACC (pin 10) Key-Out for the KPA-500 and the
RCA/Phono Key-Out jack for the transverter. This, I assume, should not
cause any problems.

It would be a nice (sometime in the future) feature if it was possible
to activate/deactivate operation of the two Key-Out signals depending
upon which band one is currently operating on. In my case, the ACC
Key-Out would be active from 160m to 6m and on 2m the RCA/Phone Key-Out.

Or am I overlooking something?

vy 73 de toby, DD5FZ

Re: K3 keying the KPA-500 & transverter

Oliver Dröse
Hi Toby,

if my memory serves me right (digged into the schematics about 7-8 month' ago
when I had a problem with one of the key-out jacks) this will never work as both
key-out pins share the same circuitry. It's just different "final" switching
transistors (and thus different loads possible) that distinguish both.

A solution around this could be the band specific PTT solution of WW2R/G4FRE
(http://g4fre.com/K3_PTT_sw.htm) or something similar. The key is to use DIGOUT0
or DIGOUT1 to control external switching. It can be configured per band.

73 & gl, Olli - DH8BQA