K3 with AMPLIFIER

George Rebong
Hello,
I need some information how can I hook up my new K3 to either ICOM PW1 or Heathkit SB1000 Amplifier.
What do I need to get my K3 work with my AMP?
73
George KE6TE

Re: K3 with AMPLIFIER

MontyS
George,
The K3 keys up to 200 volts POSITIVE via the Key Out jack in the back.  If
your amps require negative voltage to be keyed you will need an outboard
relay.

You really do not need ALC, but if you want to use it, the signal is on the
accessory jack.  Be sure your K3 has the negative ALC mods incorporated.

The K3's RF output (antenna connection) will go to the amp's input.  Your
KANT3 will not be needed except when the amp is bypassed; if installed,
disable it with the ATU button on the K3.

That's it - 2 or 3 connections depending on ALC usage or not.  My K3 works
great with my Ameritron ALS600 amp.
Monty K2DLJ
-----