K3 with Signalink or MRP40

KC6CNN
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: K3 with Signalink or MRP40

Don Wilhelm
Gerald,

The Signalink is nothing more than a soundcard.
Have you plugged the Signalink output into the Line-in jack on the K3?
Make certain the plug is fully inserted.
Then go into DATA A mode and set the MIC SEL menu to LINE.
Adjust the MIC Gain (now LINE IN gain) to produce 4 bars solid with the
5th bar flashing on the ALC meter - You can do that is TX TEST mode so
you do not transmit RF.
If the MIC GAIN is 'touchy' and at a very low level, go to the computer
and adjust the soundcard level lower.  Normally a soundcard level of
about 75% is workable - too low and the S/N ratio is bad and too high
the soundcard can overload.

On 1/5/2017 9:10 PM, KC6CNN wrote:
> Has anyone used MRP40 with success with the K3 or with a K3 and signalink
> usb?
> I have tried and tried to get this to work.
> It will key the signalink and will key the radio, but no output or audio is
> transmitted.
> Sending the audio to my speakers works, but not to the radio.
> I have set jumper jp2 and jp3 to on which raises the output level of the
> signalink.
> I have adjusted the windows audio level and still nothing.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K3 with Signalink or MRP40

Elecraft mailing list
Gerald,
I assume you are using MRP40 to decode CW. Are you saying that it does not decode at all? Or just some of the time? What are your settings on the Signal Link and in the MRP40 software tab for the Soundcard? 73, Charles N2SO
Treasurer, Quarter Century Wireless Association, Inc. http://QCWA.org

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: K3 with Signalink or MRP40

tomb18
Hi I just looked at the manual.The mrp40 will use SSB for CW transmission or DATA A with a signal link.  Since you say it works in DATA A that is how it works. If you wish true CW they give a link to use the key circuit with a hardware adapter.73 Tom va2fsq.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gerald Manthey <[hidden email]> Date: 2017-01-06  3:56 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: tomb18 <[hidden email]> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 with Signalink or MRP40
TomI can send in Data A , but was hoping to use com0com to connect it in CW.
Gerald
On Jan 6, 2017, at 9:07 AM, tomb18 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any luck? Did you follow my suggestions?Tom

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: KC6CNN <[hidden email]> Date: 2017-01-05  9:10 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: [hidden email] Subject: [Elecraft] K3 with Signalink or MRP40
Has anyone used MRP40 with success with the K3 or with a K3 and signalink
usb?
I have tried and tried to get this to work.
It will key the signalink and will key the radio, but no output or audio is
transmitted.
Sending the audio to my speakers works, but not to the radio.
I have set jumper jp2 and jp3 to on which raises the output level of the
signalink.
I have adjusted the windows audio level and still nothing.

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank
Gerald - KC6CNN

-----
KC6CNN - Gerald