K3s # 10323

Bernie KF0QS
Dear Folks:

Today I had the immense pleasure of opening up my K3s kit.  Building and operating my K2 and K1 (I have the 4 band kit of the latter and feel lucky) are among the biggest ham radio thrills I've had.  You don't get to start on a new kit very often, and it was exciting today to start the old routine (all I did tonight was conduct a complete parts inventory) that I employed with the other kits.

I'm looking forward to leisurely working through the kit (it's a K3s/100 with the ATU) while listening to music in the background.  Of course, I'm looking forward to firing it up on the air one day.

Just thought I'd share this feeling with all of you, many of whom, I'm sure, have felt the same way.

By the way, I don't care much about what serial number I get.  It does make the rig unique, and places my particular rigs where they belong on the Elecraft spectrum (my K1 is # 1024 and my K2 is #6922).  Since I ordered my K3s (#10323) on September 7th, this tells any of you about to order one what your serial number is likely going to be.

73 de Bernie, KF0QS