K4 Rackmount

Joe DeVincentis
I've decided to rack mount my K4.  It looked like there were two options.  I went with SNS Engineering (www.snsengineering.com<http://www.snsengineering.com>) and I very happy with that decision.  I placed the order and shortly thereafter, got a call from the owner (Ashok,  N6NAC).  He gave me some insight on the design of the rack mount as well as how familiar he is with the Elecraft line.  I'll say Ashok really does know what he is doing.  He sent some drawings over, we chatted about the drawings, and it all looked good.

The mount shipped and a few minutes after it was delivered, he called to offer his help one on one if I needed it.  That is customer service.  The rack mount requires replacing the right-side panel, so it has mounting holes for the bracket (the left side uses the currently existing handle screw holes).  The new right-side panel looks and feels identical to the OEM panel.  If it weren't for the additional mounting holes, you would not be able to tell the difference between the two, right down to the feel of the powder coating.  The finished work is first rate.  All mounting hardware is stainless.  The front rack panel is beast of an aluminum panel. Once it the radio is in the mount, it feels rock solid.  The look and feel are very professional and makes the desk cleaner (my desk has space for 2 5U racks on it).

Once Elecraft gets the remote software going, the entire radio system is going into a about a half size rack, and I'll relocate my operating position to a more comfortable place in the house.  I will probably use a K4/0 or K4/0 Mini when they become available.

When I do the final rack, I will probably need some additional racks for other equipment.  He can do about anything you need.  He has a full shop and a couple of CNC machines to do the work.  I won't hesitate to call on him.

I have no relation to Ashok, other than being a very satisfied customer. He was an pleasure to deal with and has lots of good information.

73,
Joe, KO8V

Message delivered to [hidden email]