K6 relay latching wrong

WV8X
Bought a used not working K2 and have fixed most problems, but, I have low (MW) output on 15/17 and 12/10M. I have traced the problem to K6 latching in the wrong position. When it is supposed to be latched for the 15/17M BPF it is in the 12/10M position and latches in the 15/17 position when in 12/10M. Is U1 the problem? It does switch states, and is positioned correctly, just switches to the wrong BPF.

     Thanks.........Dan WV8X

Re: K6 relay latching wrong

Don Wilhelm-4
Dan,

A problem like that could be either RF board U1 or the Control Board U6.
OR, it could be that the prior owner turned the VFO knob in an attempt
to move from one band to another (that does not work on the K2 although
the VFO display might indicate otherwise).

First try using Direct Frequency Entry - press the BAND+ and BAND-
buttons at the same time and then enter a frequency - do that for each
of the 4 bands (enter any frequency within the band).

If that does not 'fix' it, then read on --

Let me say that I have never encountered that problem before, and it
could just be due to some sort of glitch in the firmware or the EEPROM.
I rarely suggest doing a Master Reset, but in your case (if you have
tried the Direct frequency Entry), I will make an exception.

I suggest that you record *all* your menu settings - the K2AtoB
instructions have a nice chart to help you record your settings -
download it from the Elecraft website.  After recording your settings,
do the Master Reset (hold the 4, 5 and 6 buttons while powering on) and
see if the problem is corrected   If so, restore all the menu settings
from your chart.