K60XV Comment and Question

Dennis Ponsness
I built up and installed the K60XV module last night and it is another fine
addition to my K2!  Worked a station at 5AM and had a nice QSO and he was
impressed by the audio quality of the rig - was using a Heil HC-4 headset.

I have one question, it appears that originally the XVTR output on the PC
board was going to be taken from a 4 pin header and the in/out would have
been connected via a pair of matching connectors.  Since I decided to keep
my original heat sink and mount the XVTR in/out jacks on the top cover (I
like BNC's better than phono - but that is a personal preference) is there
some "engineering reason" that I cannot put a 4 pin header on the board and
attach the in/out jacks via a pair of 2 pin connectors?  Main concern is if
I need to get "under the hood" it makes it a bit more difficult.  If there
is a reason for NOT doing that, I may have to decide which is preferable -
live with the "difficulty" or get a new heat sink and live with the phono
connectors.  Just curious.

73

Dennis - WB0WAO

EN84ij Iosco County, Michigan
K2 #3555
Visit my site!
www.wb0wao.com
:=)

Re: K60XV Comment and Question

David Pratt-3
In a recent message, Dennis Ponsness <[hidden email]> said....
>I built up and installed the K60XV module last night and it is another fine
>addition to my K2!
> is there
>some "engineering reason" that I cannot put a 4 pin header on the board and
>attach the in/out jacks via a pair of 2 pin connectors?

Dennis - I fitted a right-angled 4-way header on the top of the board
and it works just fine.  It does mean that the top cover can be removed
without the need to unsolder anything.  Like you, I prefer BNC
connectors and wanted to use the original holes in the top cover.

73 de David G4DMP