KAP500 S/N 263 ON THE AIR

Richard Griest
Ordered Unit on May 25th and Received the KPA500 last Monday August 1st.
After Parts Inventory Assembly started at 8 AM on Tuesday, August 2nd.
Powered Up and Wired Into The System - 5 Hours Later.

>From the earlier post I expected missing screws, assorted hardware, Buzzing X'formers
all sorts of small issues.  Let me report that the unit is running on 220 Volts (Red Tap) Volt
Reading is 80.4 Volts.  No Buzzing, Not a Single Screw or Hardware Missing
and Power Output at ranges between 20 - 30 watts input, output is between
500 - 600 watts.

Other than an issue with the PA not transmitting on 6 Meters because of the use
of the PR6 6 Meter RX Pre- Amp, I have had "0" Issues after just short of a weeks
usage on all bands!  I am using the KPA500 as a Standard PA Operation being keyed
via the PA Key Line between the K3 and the KPA500.  The PR6 Compatibility Issue
will be addressed in the next Firmware Release 1.09.  Elecraft offered to send me the
file but I will wait until it is released and fully ready to go.

All in all the KPA500 Assembly and Operation exceeds my expectations.

WELL DONE ELECRAFT!!!!!!!!!!  WELL DONE!!!

Richard Griest - WB4VMH