KAT 500

greenacres113-2

Ok guys....I'm on the July list for the KPA500. Any information on the
KAT500. I've hrd the rumors but is there a true description of it
anywhere? I'm of modest means so I planned for two yr.s for the KPA500.
Maybe be saving the butter & egg money again.
I'm guessing it will remember it's setting when it returns to a previous
antenna/band. Will it cover 6m?
Eric I'm on pins waiting for the KPA. Give me a new thing to dream about
Hi Hi !

K9IL

Re: KAT 500

Phil LaMarche-2
Go to the Elecraft web site and the KPA500 is in the Products tab.  All you
want to know and the manual.

Phil

Philip LaMarche

LaMarche Enterprises, Inc
[hidden email]
www.LaMarcheEnterprises.com

727-944-3226
727-937-8834 Fax
727-510-5038 Cell

www.w9dvm.com

K3 #1605

CCA 98-00827
CRA 1701
W9DVM

Re: KAT 500

Bruce Beford-2
> Go to the Elecraft web site and the KPA500 is in the Products tab.  All
you
> want to know and the manual.

>Phil

>Philip LaMarche

True, except he asked about the KAT500, not the KPA500.

Rob,
The KAT500 is still in development.

But, we have been told that it will handle up to 500W into a 10:1 SWR on
160M-6M, and handle a kilowatt with up to 3:1 SWR. It has been described as
using latching relays, to minimize current consumption. There will be a
desktop version, in a P3 sized case, and a remote version for mounting at
the antenna feedpoint. It will integrate well with the K3, of course, but
also be able to "speak" the tune protocol of other rigs.

I am sure other details will be leaking out soon.
73,
Bruce, N1RX

Re: KAT 500

Dunc Carter - W5DC
.Those of us who are eagerly and impatiently awaiting the shipment of
our KPA500s may have KPA500 on the brain syndrome.  Hopefully, the
KAT500 will have the same properties as the K3 internal tuner including
tuning settings.

73, Dunc, W5DC

Re: KAT 500

Phil LaMarche-2
DAH!

Philip LaMarche

LaMarche Enterprises, Inc
[hidden email]
www.LaMarcheEnterprises.com

727-944-3226
727-937-8834 Fax
727-510-5038 Cell

www.w9dvm.com

K3 #1605

CCA 98-00827
CRA 1701
W9DVM

> Go to the Elecraft web site and the KPA500 is in the Products tab.
> All
you