KAT100 - PWR Range LED - Is this normal ?

KAT100 - PWR Range LED - Is this normal ?

Stewart Baker
Hi,

My setup is a K2 into  KPA100 & KAT100 mounted in an EC2 case.
Linked via a KIO2 and serial cable to the KPA100.

With the kit running into a dummy load I do the following.

a) Set the Power control fully CW.
b) Press Display & Tune together and get maximum power out.
c) The HIGH LED on the KAT100 is on.
d) Rotate the Power control ACW, the output power drops.
e) At 10 Watts indicated the KPA100 switches to low power.
f) The HIGH LED goes off and the LOW LED lights.

g) If I now turn the Power control CW, the KPA100 switches to high power
h) The LOW LED on the KAT100 stays on, and the HIGH LED off.
i) To get the LEDS OK I have to go to receive and select low then high power.

The KAT100 manual says that if the KPA100 is enabled and set for > 10W
the HIGH LED will be on, otherwise the LOW LED will be on.

It would be very helpful if someone could check their K2/KPA100/KAT100 and see
if they get the same results.

T.I.A.

73
Stewart G3RXQ

Re: KAT100 - PWR Range LED - Is this normal ?

Stewart Baker