KAT100

Ian Maude
Hi all,
Just finished building my KAT100 and it seems to be working fine!  Just
one question though.  The book mentions to tune c31 for lowest voltage
on pin 3 of U5 and also mentions that it should be as close to 0v as
possible.  I could get it nowhere near this, best at around 1.6V.  I can
get the target voltages ok on R3 and R4 so it seems this is ok but I
find the reference odd.

Any pointers?

Ian

--
Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | [hidden email]
Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster

Find out about Summits on the Air!
Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk

Re: KAT100

Don Brown-4
Hi

This does not sound right. You should be able to get the voltage down to around a few mV. It seems like the several I have built would go down to 10 to 20 mV.

Don Brown
KD5NDB

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 23:14, Don Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> This does not sound right. You should be able to get the voltage down
> to around a few mV. It seems like the several I have built would go
> down to 10 to 20 mV.
Well, guess what?  Yep, it was my fault!

I had disconnected the serial cable from the tuner but not from the K2.
The section from the K2 to the computer was left connected and the
computer was on.  I am guessing this caused the extra voltage.  All is
now well and thanks to those who responded.

Ian