KAT500 Info ...

Radio Station
Hi all,

I'm anxiously awaiting to hear about the KAT500. I disparately need a tuner
w/ my KPA500, and don't want to spend elsewhere just yet w/o knowing more
about what the Elecraft offering will be. So if a special anyone ;) can say
maybe when, what, and other ball park figures, I'm sure inquiring minds
would like to know.

Re: KAT500 Info ...

wayne burdick
Administrator
There's serious lab testing and refinement going on as we speak, but I
can't give you a date yet.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Aug 29, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Lane wrote:

> I'm anxiously awaiting to hear about the KAT500. I disparately need
> a tuner
> w/ my KPA500, and don't want to spend elsewhere just yet w/o knowing
> more
> about what the Elecraft offering will be. So if a special anyone ;)
> can say
> maybe when, what, and other ball park figures, I'm sure inquiring
> minds
> would like to know.

Re: KAT500 Info ...

Lane-2
Heh, ouch! That's like the ultimate teaser.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's serious lab testing and refinement going on as we speak, but I
> can't give you a date yet.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>
> On Aug 29, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Lane wrote:
>
>> I'm anxiously awaiting to hear about the KAT500. I disparately need
>> a tuner
>> w/ my KPA500, and don't want to spend elsewhere just yet w/o knowing
>> more
>> about what the Elecraft offering will be. So if a special anyone ;)
>> can say
>> maybe when, what, and other ball park figures, I'm sure inquiring
>> minds
>> would like to know.

Re: KAT500 Info ...

Oscar, WB5GCX
I'm wondering if the unit will offer all features remotely (far end of 100'
coax) if I can enclose it in something weatherproof.   Will it require
additional power/control cable(s)?

thanks,
Oscar, WB5GCX

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's serious lab testing and refinement going on as we speak, but I
> can't give you a date yet.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>
> On Aug 29, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Lane wrote:
>
> > I'm anxiously awaiting to hear about the KAT500. I disparately need
> > a tuner
> > w/ my KPA500, and don't want to spend elsewhere just yet w/o knowing
> > more
> > about what the Elecraft offering will be. So if a special anyone ;)
> > can say
> > maybe when, what, and other ball park figures, I'm sure inquiring
> > minds
> > would like to know.

Re: KAT500 Info ...

wayne burdick
Administrator
Oscar Staudt wrote:

> I'm wondering if the unit will offer all features remotely (far end
> of 100'
> coax) if I can enclose it in something weatherproof.   Will it require
> additional power/control cable(s)?

There are various ways to control the KAT500. We'll provide more
details on remote operation later.

73
Wayne
N6KR

Re: KAT500 Info ...

Radio Station
Been awhile since we've had a KAT500 update. Anyone think by December?