KAT500 Suggestions

Frederick Atchley
Eric and Wayne,

To optimize desktop space I suggest the upcoming KAT500 be designed so that
its tilt stand arm can be installed in either the front (normal) or back of
the unit. That way if I set it atop a front tilted KPA500 I could raise the
back of the tuner to offset the tilt, which would a nice.

And, it would be great if I could switch between the two coax feedlines that
I have set up. Sure, this would require software differentiating the antenna
switching by the K3 and antenna switching by the tuner. However, it would
simplify operation and greatly reduce the possibility of me using the wrong
antenna.

BTW, the KPA500 kit is working FB. Congratulations to all.

Fred, AE6IC, K3 2241, P3 100, KPA500 115

Re: KAT500 Suggestions

Ralph Parker
>... I suggest the upcoming KAT500 be designed so that its tilt stand arm
>can be installed in either the front (normal) or back...

Hmmm.....
I though the KAT500 was going to be designed for outdoor use at the antenna.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but that would be a practical place to put it.

Ralph, VE7XF

ps: got the KPA500 shipping notice today, ordered on April 7.
Now back to the RAC contest - unfortunately, condx less than exciting.

Re: KAT500 Suggestions

Dick Dickinson
There has been some consideration for the KAT500 to be either at the antenna
or on the desktop.

Elecraft hasn't offered much commentary on the KAT500 for a while, so I
guess we'll just have to wait and see.

73,

Dick - KA5KKT

Hmmm.....

I though the KAT500 was going to be designed for outdoor use at the antenna.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but that would be a practical place to put it.

Ralph, VE7XF

Re: KAT500 Suggestions

Ken Chandler
I sincerely hope it's desk top!!! And has multi antenna hook - up connectors, at the very least 4, and possibly  2 input connectors
If the kat500 is the same size as the k3 etc, then I should think theirs plenty of room in the box for additional antenna points.

Ken..G0ORH

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Jul 2011, at 18:13, "Edward Dickinson III" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There has been some consideration for the KAT500 to be either at the antenna
> or on the desktop.
>

> Elecraft hasn't offered much commentary on the KAT500 for a while, so I
> guess we'll just have to wait and see.
>

> 73,
>
> Dick - KA5KKT

> Hmmm.....
>
> I though the KAT500 was going to be designed for outdoor use at the antenna.
>
> Maybe I'm mistaken, but that would be a practical place to put it.
>

> Ralph, VE7XF

Re: KAT500 Suggestions

Dick Dickinson
I'm not sure how people might be divided, but it seems from this mailing
list that there are desires for both Desktop and Remote units among the
Elecraft base.

The best of both Remote and Desktop worlds might be available (as an
option?).

That could be something along the lines of a Desktop (P3-sized?) unit with
both tuning circuitry and controls on the front of the unit.  Perhaps
multiple antenna ports can be standard or an option.  The tuning circuitry
might be able to be removed (maybe switching as well) from the desktop unit
and installed in a remote, waterproof enclosure.  Conceivably, controls at
the desktop can be maintained.

The above should be considered speculation.Elecraft is quiet on the matter
of the KAT500.

73,

Dick - KA5KKT

-------------

I sincerely hope it's desk top!!! And has multi antenna hook - up
connectors, at the very least 4, and possibly  2 input connectors

If the kat500 is the same size as the k3 etc, then I should think theirs
plenty of room in the box for additional antenna points.

Ken..G0ORH

Sent from my iPhone

Re: KAT500 Suggestions

Gary Gregory
I believe there will be a Remote version and a Desktop version, two
unbalanced and one balanced antenna input.

With all of the product offerrings that Elecraft have out currently I am
sure we will get a great tuner to add to our K-Line...Grin

Gary

On 2 July 2011 04:29, Edward Dickinson III <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not sure how people might be divided, but it seems from this mailing
> list that there are desires for both Desktop and Remote units among the
> Elecraft base.
>

> The best of both Remote and Desktop worlds might be available (as an
> option?).
>

> That could be something along the lines of a Desktop (P3-sized?) unit with
> both tuning circuitry and controls on the front of the unit.  Perhaps
> multiple antenna ports can be standard or an option.  The tuning circuitry
> might be able to be removed (maybe switching as well) from the desktop unit
> and installed in a remote, waterproof enclosure.  Conceivably, controls at
> the desktop can be maintained.
>

> The above should be considered speculation.Elecraft is quiet on the matter
> of the KAT500.
>

> 73,
>
> Dick - KA5KKT

> -------------
>
> I sincerely hope it's desk top!!! And has multi antenna hook - up
> connectors, at the very least 4, and possibly  2 input connectors
>
> If the kat500 is the same size as the k3 etc, then I should think theirs
> plenty of room in the box for additional antenna points.
>

> Ken..G0ORH
>

> Sent from my iPhone

VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment