KBT2 Battery

Tex

KBT2 Battery

Tex
I installed the battery in my K2 and adjusted the voltage up on my astron.  The voltage on the astron is 14.4 and the voltage on K2 meter is 13.8.  Is this to high or should I drop it down a little?
Tnx Paul

Re: KBT2 Battery

Don Wilhelm-4
Paul,

That should be fine.  The K2 itself is speced for up to 15 volts input.
If you want a refinement over the K2 display of voltage, measure the
voltage right at the terminals of a fully charged internal battery.

If your battery was not fully charged when you cranked up the power
supply, check the voltage over the next several days and re-adjust the
power supply as needed.

pkhjr wrote:

> I installed the battery in my K2 and adjusted the voltage up on my astron.
> The voltage on the astron is 14.4 and the voltage on K2 meter is 13.8.  Is
> this to high or should I drop it down a little?
> Tnx Paul

Re: KBT2 Battery

Tom McCulloch
  Don knows from the K2 battery, he has a very informative article on his web site about the care and feeding of SLA's.

  I also believe that if you are charging the K2 through the power jack in the back of the rig you are running through a voltage reversal diode before you get to the battery, which is dropping the voltage about .4 volts or so and that's probably accounting for the difference.
Tom
WB2QDG
From: Don Wilhelm <[hidden email]>