KBT2 installation question

EMD

KBT2 installation question

EMD
Page 8 of the manual states, "Set the K2's internal voltmeter switch, S1 ( on the control board ) to the 12v position.  S1 is actually on the RF board.  I have looked at the parts list and schematic pages for the control board and have not found another S1 switch.

Is this in reference to the main power switch of the K2 itself?  If so what would be the 12V position.  I have looked around on the control board and cannot find anything else that would appear to have a 12V position.

73's

Ed K3ENV

Re: KBT2 installation question

Don Wilhelm-4
Ed,

You have to read a bit of "K2 History" to understand! :-)
There *was* a switch S1 on the Control Board, but it got bumped so many
times, when the boards were re-done for SN 3000 and above, that pesky
switch was changed to a 3 pin male header - P7.

This is the first time I have heard it mentioned, so maybe others just
don't pay attention.  The KBT2 instructions have apparently not been
updated.