KBX30/80 Module

AC8JW
I have finished installing the KBX3080 module along with the power module.  Things appear to be going well, but I did note that when I took a reading with my VTVM and RF probe on the antenna output, my readings on 80M were quite a bit higher than on the other frequencies.
80M 6.6 volts
40M 5.2 volts
30M 5.2 volts
20M 5 volts.

Is the normally what is expected?

Thanks.

Re: KBX30/80 Module

Don Wilhelm-4
It is not unusual at all for the KX1 4 band model to have greater power
output on 80 meters.  How much so depends on the p[articular KX1 and the
construction care used.

On 5/31/2012 5:14 PM, AC8JW wrote:

> I have finished installing the KBX3080 module along with the power module.
> Things appear to be going well, but I did note that when I took a reading
> with my VTVM and RF probe on the antenna output, my readings on 80M were
> quite a bit higher than on the other frequencies.
> 80M 6.6 volts
> 40M 5.2 volts
> 30M 5.2 volts
> 20M 5 volts.
>
> Is the normally what is expected?
>
> Thanks.

Re: KBX30/80 Module

AC8JW
Using a different RF probe and meter, I re read the output of my KX1 using a 12 volt battery as a source:
3M 12.02 volts
7M 10.17volts
10M 10.3 volts
14M10.2 volts

I think this is a close as I am going to get.  I have tried moving the coils around the L2 torioid, but the figures do not get better than this.  Short of a complete rebuild on that board, not sure what else to look at.  BTW, I did get the dummy load you recommended.  It has a much better response across the bands.
Thanks

Re: KBX30/80 Module

daleputnam

Having just delt with a four band filter that acted that way, and having missed the previous discussion here, may I simply point out, that soldering is critical, especially around the toroids. I used three different coated wires, and found they were all tempermental.Careful pre tinning is needed. Reflowing helped with my intermittants too. Unfortunately, the board bounced. It is on the way back, and will require closer inspection. (I plan to use at a minimum 30X glass)Good luck,

Dale - WC7S in Wy