KDVR3 enable

John-483
I finally installed my KDVR3 today, it's been here for a month or so.
Things went well during the installation. Used an anti static mat and
wrist strap.

Powered up, radio played normal. Went into config menu to set the
KDVR3 to nor. All I get is the dreaded "not inst" msg. Cycled the
power per instructions hoping the K3 would recognize the DVR, no luck.

Is there a certain level of software I need to install? I'm running
ver.2.38/1.90.

K3 #501, fourth problem......hope it can be resolved. I've already
sent it back to Aptos twice to spend a little vacation time with it's
old friends.

Any ideas, other than to take it apart and do'er again?

John
k7up
K3, (2)K2's, K1

Re: KDVR3 enable

Paul Fletcher

John-483 wrote
Is there a certain level of software I need to install? I'm running
ver.2.38/1.90.
Yes there is a requirement for later firmware for the DVR to work - can't remember which version but there is a note on the reflector about it somewhere.

Regards,
Paul M1PAF

Re: KDVR3 enable

T Gahagan
The newer version of the software should take care of the problem.  Check
the Elecraft web site.

73, WA7U

>I finally installed my KDVR3 today, it's been here for a month or so.
> Things went well during the installation. Used an anti static mat and
> wrist strap.
>
> Powered up, radio played normal. Went into config menu to set the
> KDVR3 to nor. All I get is the dreaded "not inst" msg. Cycled the
> power per instructions hoping the K3 would recognize the DVR, no luck.
>
> Is there a certain level of software I need to install? I'm running
> ver.2.38/1.90.
>
> K3 #501, fourth problem......hope it can be resolved. I've already
> sent it back to Aptos twice to spend a little vacation time with it's
> old friends.
>
> Any ideas, other than to take it apart and do'er again?
>
> John
> k7up
> K3, (2)K2's, K1

Re: KDVR3 enable

KK7P
> Is there a certain level of software I need to install? I'm running
> ver.2.38/1.90.

The DVR will not work with this firmware.  DVR support began with 2.64/1.96.

73,

Lyle KK7P

Re: KDVR3 enable

John-483
Thanks for the quick reply from WA7U and M1PAF...I'll give it a try
later and let you know the results.

Thanks again,
John

At 05:11 PM 28/02/09, you wrote:

>I finally installed my KDVR3 today, it's been here for a month or so.
>Things went well during the installation. Used an anti static mat and
>wrist strap.
>
>Powered up, radio played normal. Went into config menu to set the
>KDVR3 to nor. All I get is the dreaded "not inst" msg. Cycled the
>power per instructions hoping the K3 would recognize the DVR, no luck.
>
>Is there a certain level of software I need to install? I'm running
>ver.2.38/1.90.
>
>K3 #501, fourth problem......hope it can be resolved. I've already
>sent it back to Aptos twice to spend a little vacation time with it's
>old friends.
>
>Any ideas, other than to take it apart and do'er again?
>
>John
>k7up
>K3, (2)K2's, K1

>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: KDVR3 enable

John-483
To all who responded, thank you. It was a firmware issue and loading
the latest FW did the trick. I looked in the manual after the install
and assumed it would work with older FW. I do remember reading
something about the DVR and FW some time ago on the list, but it
slipped my mind. That seems to be happening more often as I grow older.

Great list, thanks!
John
k7up