KEY OUT and TX Delay

WL7M
I have a Ten Tec Hercules II amp I'm not using and I was thinking about trying it with my KX3.

I know the KX3 has a KEY OUT available on the ACC2 jack (I did purchase the ACC2 Module).  From what I've read, Ten Tec amps will work with a non-Ten Tec transceiver without the full keying loop if there is a short delay (4-8 msec?) between the transceiver's KEY OUT closure and the application of RF.

My question: Is there any delay built into the KX3 between KEY OUT closure and transmitting RF?

I've read about the 8 msec+ adjustable TX Delay for the K3 but couldn't find any references to TX Delay and the KX3. I know there's a CW Delay setting in the KX3 menu, but that controls the time it takes the KX3 to switch back to receive after key-up.

I'm not hoping for full QSK, but slow QSK/semi-break in would be nice.

Thanks,
John Pfeifer
WL7M

Re: KEY OUT and TX Delay

Don Wilhelm-4
John,

In the absence of any other information, I would say that there is some
delay between KeyOut going active and the onset of RF.  I do not know
the numbers, but in the K3 it is adjustable, and in the K2 it was
between 12 and 15 ms.  I expect the KX3 to be in that 12 to 15 ms range too.

Validation of my guesses will have to come from more authoritative
sources, but I can safely say there will be some delay in the onset of
RF - I just don't know the numbers, but I believe your 4 to 8 ms will be
within the "safe" region.