KFL1-4 trimmer pots

Eugene Worth
OK, I'll show my *newbie* state. I've built several Dave Benson kits,
but the K-1 is my first Elecraft kit. I was installing the new style
trimmer pots on the KFL1-4 board. I read the manual and I thought that I
carefully read the errata sheet ... turns out that I didn't.

I put the trimmer pots on consistently backwards ... with the big flat
end as the flat end shown on the diagrams. What kind of difficulty will
I have, if any? At least I was consistent ... they are all backwards of
the way they should be.

Oh, yes. I went out to re-read and pre-read for the next section of
assembly and saw that the page 4 errata followed the page 5 errata for
this board. :-(

Thanks in advance.

gene
KC0RXY

Re: KFL1-4 trimmer pots

wayne burdick
Administrator
Gene,

This will still work equally well, electrically speaking. However, it
you use a tuning tool with a metal handle, the adjustments may be a
little touchy. Just wrap some tape around the handle.

These are very high-quality trimmers (high-Q, low temperature
coefficient), hence the different appearance.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Nov 22, 2004, at 7:13 PM, Gene Worth wrote:

> OK, I'll show my *newbie* state. I've built several Dave Benson kits,
> but the K-1 is my first Elecraft kit. I was installing the new style
> trimmer pots on the KFL1-4 board. I read the manual and I thought that
> I carefully read the errata sheet ... turns out that I didn't.
>
> I put the trimmer pots on consistently backwards ...

---

http://www.elecraft.com