KIO2 commands for KDSP2 filter

iw7dmh
Good evening,

I was wondering if I can change DSP2 filter settings through the KIO2 cat commands.
Since there are no dedicated commands to control DSP2 filter, I suppose the only way is to set the emulation mode (SW command) and then use the DS command to read the filter status on the display.
Can you confirm that this is the correct way or can you suggest me a work around mode?
Also, are there (possibly free) software that can control K2-DSP2 filters?

Thanks and 73
Enzo, iw7dmh
Best 73'
Enzo, iw7dmh

Re: KIO2 commands for KDSP2 filter

Don Wilhelm-4
Enzo,

Yes, there are no direct commands to change the KDSP2.  You will have to
do it as you have outlined with the SW commands emulating actual button
taps and holds for the KDSP2 and if you want to see the results, the DS
command is the way to do it.

The KDSP2 was originally designed by a 3rd party (who is now an Elecraft
employee), so the method of accessing the DSP menu was an 'add on' to
the normal K2 menu system.

I do not know of any software application that can directly control the
KDSP2 option.

On 4/4/2013 12:46 PM, iw7dmh wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I was wondering if I can change DSP2 filter settings through the KIO2 cat
> commands.
> Since there are no dedicated commands to control DSP2 filter, I suppose the
> only way is to set the emulation mode (SW command) and then use the DS
> command to read the filter status on the display.
> Can you confirm that this is the correct way or can you suggest me a work
> around mode?
> Also, are there (possibly free) software that can control K2-DSP2 filters?

Re: KIO2 commands for KDSP2 filter

iw7dmh
Dear Don,

thank you very much for your reply. I wanted to be sure of not having to "reinvent the wheel".

Best regards
Enzo, iw7dmh
Best 73'
Enzo, iw7dmh

Re: KIO2 commands for KDSP2 filter

Mike Markowski-2
Enzo,

I wrote a small program in Java to retrieve K2 settings:

  http://udel.edu/~mm/ham/elecraft/

On that page click on the link "K2 Settings Retrieval" to see sample output.  The program is read only & does' modify the k2.  The only reason I haven't made the code available is that it isn't commented well; something I keep meaning to do, but never quite get around to it…  If you are a Java programmer and interested in it, please drop me a line.

I also started on a program that displays the filter as a trapezoid on the screen.  As you drag it around or just slide an edge around, the correct commands are sent to the K2.  A fair bit of it was working, but then I bought a K3 and my little k2 filter UI effort ceased.  Again, I'm happy to send along that work-in-progress code.

73 es GL with your effort,
Mike ab3ap

On Apr 5, 2013, at 8:29 AM, iw7dmh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Don,
>
> thank you very much for your reply. I wanted to be sure of not having to
> "reinvent the wheel".
>
> Best regards
> Enzo, iw7dmh

Re: KIO2 commands for KDSP2 filter

iw7dmh
Dear Mike,

thanks for your help.
I'd like to take a look at your Java program because I want to use Android. The two languages ​​are very similar and I might be able to get something useful.
I will try to send you an email as soon as possible.

Sincerely
Enzo, iw7dmh
Best 73'
Enzo, iw7dmh