KIO2 not talking anymore - my findings

Bob Whelan
Hi

Following my recent post here is what I found.

There was no hardware problem - all checked out OK except for the TXD pin which was hi - this is not a fault as it toggles hi - lo with data and can be checked with a 'scope.

Thanks to Don for the very useful info that if you have a terminal programme (Hyperterm )  running on the KIO2 and you go to the 'PORT ON' menu and then press 'DISPLAY' , the K2 sends 'FAxxxxxxxxxxx' to the port (where x...xx - 11 of them, is the freq info on VFO A) .

My problem was a software problem with the logging and control programmes I run on KIO2. It seems that it is possible to write to the KIO2/K2 in such a way (FA and IF commands) that the KIO2 does not appear to function, probably something to do with timing?. Initially I was not able to reset the KIO2 by merely turning the K2 off and on. But after I used the test above the K2 reset and the KIO2 worked perfectly.

So if you have this problem I would try the above first before  getting the screwdriver out.

I see today that someone else had the same problem - hope this helps

73 and thanks again to Don and Lyle for the suggestions

Bob G3PJT