KIO2 simplex?

Tom Rune Breivold
KIO2 simplex?

To whom it may concern.

Elecraft K2 #4487 with all options except the KPA100 and internal battery is
now up and running flawlessly, except for the KIO2 option. Connected to a
computer running Hyperterminal (Win XP Pro - all updates) I can send the
test message from the K2 to my computer which immediately pops up in the
window, but no software will talk to the K2 (or so it seems.) Hyperterminal
are not able to get through to the KIO2 - just the other way arround.  All
wires are checked for misplacement and all measurements seems ok. Any
advice? Strange that the KIO2 will talk to my computer, but the K2 will not
take any orders from ANY computer (I have tried several.), I have checked
the diodes..

Everything else works great on my K2. - Which also counts for my K1 #1905.

Sincerely

LA6VNA

Tom Rune Breivold

NORWAY

Re: KIO2 simplex?

Philip L Carter
Tom:

Sounds like the computer side of the cable needs the CTS signal jumper,
or maybe the computer needs the rts signals turned off.

Also check the 10 uh choke on the kio2.  It is easy to open one if you
accidently get a short.

--
Phil Carter, WD8QWR
QRPARCI #9986, CQRP #3