KPA-500 Kit S/N 387

NL7A
Went together awesomely.  Was testing after about 4 hrs of assembly.  I was not in any hurry and took short breaks about every 20 minutes.

This is a very quick and straightforward bolt-together job.  There is no soldering involved (although I would've liked to do a bit of that).  Only a couple of times I read the manual wrong and had a bit of trouble with a step... Better reading would've avoided the problem.  The bolting on of the voltage regulator heat spreader, I got backwards at first... recommend you look at the drawing very carefully, it is a folded out drawing, not a straight-in fit.  Also, when you bolt on the back panel, pay close attention to the gray wire coming out of the RF-Out connector, it would really like to short out to the "Z Bracket"... there is very little clearance.  You do not want to short out that wire to ground!

There were no missing hardware issues, contrary to earlier reports on this list.  You just need to pay attention to which hardware bag you're supposed to be working from, for each major assembly.

Another great kit from Elecraft!  Looking forward to the KX-3 now.

Best 73's - Doug