KPA 500 QUERY

Bob-270
Well after a month I finally opened the box and got the manuals out in
anticipation of starting to assemble the kit.  Looks straight forward and easy
to assemble.

However one thing did strike me as odd in the assembly.  It was the lack of any
heat sink compound on the IC's on the Power Supply Module and Rectifier board
assembly.    Other than cost and the possible mess is there any reason why it
would NOT be desirable to use some on these devices?

Any interest in a soon to be retired AL811 amp and QSK5 unit out there?   If so
reply off list.

73,
Bob
K2TK  ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR

Re: KPA 500 QUERY

Robert Friess
Hi Bob,

There is an insulating, heat conductive, pad on the LM317 fan control, the
device closest to the rear panel. The other two do not dissipate enough
power to require heatsink compound.  However, if it makes you more
comfortable, it will do no harm.

73,
Bob, N6CM