KPA-500 SN 101 On the Air

w0mu
The kit went together in about 5 hours.

The only sticking point I had with the build was with the Z panel.  The
holes were not very close when attaching the back panel.

Everything else in the build was pretty straight forward.  The IO board
had the jack screws that had to be removed before the board could be
mounted.  It was obvious what needed to be done but the manual might
want to warn others that this may have to be done.

Heading to the shack to test out the RF.

Mike W0MU

Re: KPA-500 SN 101 On the Air

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: KPA-500 SN 101 On the Air

w0mu
I had 4 mounted on the board and then 6 more in the hardware.  I do see
on A8 the notation about them possibly being mounted on the board.  I
will freely admit that I did a cursor glance at the parts list and dove in!

I love the automatic band detection!  Nice!  The amp is quiet and just
loafs along.  I am very happy with the amp.  It will be a pleasure
taking it to J6 for the WW DX test in November.

W0MU

On 6/27/2011 4:39 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> Glad it went well, Mike.
>
> When you did the inventory, your manual should have had this notation about
> the jack screw nuts on pg A8:
>
> "These may be supplied mounted on the I/O board connectors."
>
> I'm not sure why some are and some aren't. The Bill of Materials calls for
> them to be "KPA500 Rear Panel Envelope - E850475".
>
> Glad it was obvious anyway, Hi!
>
> 73,
>
> Ron AC7AC

Re: KPA-500 SN 101 On the Air

KK7P
The manufacturer of the stacked DE-9 connector may or may not
pre-install jackscrews at the factory.  If the manufacturer
pre-installed the jackscrwws, they will have to be removed.  You'll
notice the finish on the jackscrews, if already installed, differs from
the finish of the supplied jackscrews.  By supplying six jackscrews, we
ensure they all match, and that we have additional flexibility in the
supplier of the stacked DE-9 component.

73,

Lyle KK7P