KPA & DXing

greenacres113-2

Yes antennas are important but also skill helps. You can  buy mighty
antenna systems & multi KW amps but if you can't master simple DXing
technique you won't work anything. I've never ran  more than 700w. {My
old SB 220] I've always used my TA 33 tribander @50' & a few homemade 2
element WARC yagis all under 50' high & low wires and verticals. But
I've done OK I guess. 360 countries confirmed & 9x DXCC. From middle
America. To me a DB or three won't help if you don't  have a good
antenna, skills and propagation. I wonder if some of the crop of
Dxpedition jammers that  appear are from this group. They run  big
antennas & high power but can't work the DX so they get mad & try to
stop everyone  working them. No skill, they need instant gradification.
I'm happy with my KPA500. I would like the KAT500 but I don't ever plan
to go higher power. The KPA500 is one of the very few to cover 6m.  By
the way I have 83 countries confirmed on 6m from Tn. Oh well, one day
I'll have a REAL DX station. NOT.   K9IL