KPA Hi Pwr fault additional info

alsopb
Len,

Thanks for this post.  A local here can't get his KPA500 running due to
the same fault.

I've forwarded it to him.  At least if paragraph 2 works for him, he can
feel that the amp "works" -- sort of.

He and Elecraft are in touch about this problem.

73 de Brian/K3KO

On 8/27/2011 16:04, Len Chesler wrote:
 > I am utilizing FW vers. 1.02 and connecting to the K3 via the aux bus
cable. If I set the KPA500 "PWR ON" menu setting to OPER, the K3 will
not show the "KPA500 OPER" on the display and apprently is not syncing.
  In that state, if I transmit, the amp will immediately go into a Hi
Pwr fault. (no matter how long I wait for the aux bus cable to sync).

 > If ,However,  I set the PWR ON menu default to STBY and manually
switch to OPER, the K3 will properly sync and will display "KPA500 OPER"
and all is well.
 > Could this be a firmware issue? Any suggestions?
 > Tnx
 > Len

-----
No virus found in this message.