KPA Utility

chas
When will there be a Linux version?

Re: KPA Utility

Jessie Oberreuter-2

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Charles wrote:

> When will there be a Linux version?

      It might help in terms of development time to note that a library
with a sample command line driver would be just fine for us linux types.
We don't need to have every application in the world wrapped in a GUI, nor
do we need it to be able to pull down the latest files from Elecraft by
itself, etc.
      It would also be nice if we could get the tool as a source tarball so
we can build it on almost anything: 32 or 64 bit linux, BSD, whatever.  I
don't know if there are licensed protocols involved or if y'all just feel
that it's too much work or too likely to generate support tickets, but I'd
like to think that, like building from kits, folks who can build from
source are less likely to complain about the little things and are more
willing to help others who are having trouble.

- kb7psg