KPA has FAILED...high SWR reported by K3 when amp in "Operate"

KPA has FAILED...high SWR reported by K3 when amp in "Operate"

ke9uw
My KPA500 causes a high SWR showing at the K3 when the amp is in transmit operate. All else seems to work ok...reloaded firmware...checked faults...something about "power lost without controlled shutdown".

Any ideas? Pin diode?
Chuck, KE9UW

Re: KPA has FAILED...high SWR reported by K3 when amp in "Operate"

ke9uw
Hi,
The amp has worked well with 500 watts out, and in standby works fine with 100 watts and the power shown on the led meter is correct. When in operate, it shows high swr with only 1 or 2 watts of drive. So something in the t/r switch has failed.
I guess.
Thanks for the reply.
Chuck, KE9UW

Sent from my iPad

Chuck, KE9UW

Re: KPA has FAILED...high SWR reported by K3 when amp in "Operate"

ke9uw
Excellent response from service with an RF unit on the way...appeared not to be switching into the transmit mode when in "operate".
Chuck, KE9UW

UPDATE!! Re: KPA has FAILED...high SWR reported by K3 when amp in "Operate"

ke9uw
UPDATE! The new warranty RF unit is installed and works well. Though it proper to let y'all know...

Here is the note I sent to Gary Surrency...

"Hi Gary,

I got the RF unit, installed, and all works well.
Sending the defective unit back tomorrow.
Thanks so much for the excellent service.

Regards,
Chuck, KE9UW"
Chuck, KE9UW