KPA100 check result questions

GS-3
Good morning,

I'm still in the process of building my kpa100. After
my learning process concerning soldering :-) I
stumbled upon some voltages.

I'm on page 43 in the manual now and got some numbers
a bit off the given values (PS is 14V).

D13 154V
U4 -27.4V
TP1 0V
J3+ 0.1V

Are these numbers ok? Especially the last two?

Another thing. The fan at this stage is a bit out of
control. Calibrating tPA helps, but the K2 seems to
not remember this setting. Also strange is that while
setting tPA a relay can be heard switching. But maybe
this is normal at this point in the process?

Kind regards and keep on building...

Gerhard
DH3FAW

RE: KPA100 check result questions

Don Wilhelm-3
Gerhard,

The voltage at D13 and U4 are a bit higher than they used to be - they
increased when R4 was changed from 100k to 39k, all is well with those two.
Your voltage at TP1 is good, but you may want to re-check J3+ (red) - while
0.1 volts may just be some artifact of your meter, the voltage should really
be zero.

I don't have an immediate answer on your fan situation, but it likely won't
hurt anything, so finish everything and see what happens with it.  Yes, CAL
tPA should be remembered.

K2 BAT

David-470
I was wondering how does everyone keep there elecraft battery in the k2
charged up and ready to go?

RE : K2 BAT

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-3
Yes, just like a alarm system... Ready to go, any time....

73

I was wondering how does everyone keep there elecraft battery in the k2
charged up and ready to go?

RE: K2 BAT

If one keeps the K2 connected to a 14.1 to 14.3 volt power supply that is
continuously running, the battery should stay charged.

If you prefer a better battery charging system, look into creating a direct
battery connection and using a 'smartcharger' - for my implementation, see
my webpage www.qsl.net/w3fpr

Re: K2 BAT

David-470
I could not remember if the battery was charged through the 12 volt supply

> If one keeps the K2 connected to a 14.1 to 14.3 volt power supply that is
> continuously running, the battery should stay charged.
>
> If you prefer a better battery charging system, look into creating a
direct

> battery connection and using a 'smartcharger' - for my implementation, see
> my webpage www.qsl.net/w3fpr
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR

Re: K2 BAT

Ingo Meyer DK3RED
Hello Dave,

> I was wondering how does everyone keep there elecraft battery in the k2
> charged up and ready to go?

yes, I do it with an accumulator charger (output 13.8 volts). But I have
modified my K2 #01118 a little bit. Please see at
www.dk3red.homepage.t-online.de/en/s6.htm#trx6
and read the additional suggestion by Bart PA3GYU in my guestbook
www.dk3red.homepage.t-online.de/en/s13.htm
dated 25th August 2004.

There are no problems with the battery since my K2 is on air.
--
72/73 de Ingo, DK3RED   Don't forget: the fun is the power!

[hidden email]   www.dk3red.homepage.t-online.de
      DL-QRP-AG   #824   www.dl-qrp-ag.de
       QRP ARCI #11295   www.qrparci.org