KPA3 12v Sense Mod Question

Corboy - Poteet

I neglected to check the circuit characteristics before installing the diode that is added for this mod (note to self: don't do this again).

With the diode installed, what I see with my DMM is about 1K ohms to ground (with the DMM set below diode barrier voltage) which, looking at the schematic, seems OK.  If I change the DMM to check diode response, I get about 0.5 ohms in the forward direction (again OK). But I also get about 0.5 ohms in the reverse direction which isn't right (unless the the IC on the other end of this circuit has "opposite" polarity).   If you have done this mod, are you seeing similar measurements?

Mike    W5FTD

Re: KPA3 12v Sense Mod Question

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED