KPA500 #202 lives minus a few screws

Locked 8 messages Options

KPA500 #202 lives minus a few screws

AB3EN
KPA500
Ordered 4/16
Notice it shipped 7/12
Arrived 7/21
On air 7/24
Missing a pack of screws on their way from Elecraft. Works great.

Dan
AB3EN

Dan AB3EN

Re: KPA500 #202 lives minus a few screws

Gary Gregory
Hard to believe mathematics is so hard in California...:-)

Gary

On 26 July 2011 09:09, AB3EN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> KPA500
> Ordered 4/16
> Notice it shipped 7/12
> Arrived 7/21
> On air 7/24
> Missing a pack of screws on their way from Elecraft. Works great.
>
> Dan
> AB3EN
>
> -----
>
> Dan AB3EN

VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment
K3 #679, KPA-500 #018
Living the dream!!!

Re: KPA500 #202 lives minus a few screws

Fred Townsend
California adopted the teaching of 'set theory' in the teaching of
mathematics in the 1960's. Before one can count the screws one must find the
locus of the proper set of screws. This sometimes results in the screws
driving the driver nuts. ;)
de Fred, AE6QL

--

VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment

Re: KPA500 #202 lives minus a few screws

Gary Gregory
Oh, silly me...:-)

Gary

On 26 July 2011 09:47, Fred Townsend <[hidden email]> wrote:

> California adopted the teaching of 'set theory' in the teaching of
> mathematics in the 1960's. Before one can count the screws one must find
> the
> locus of the proper set of screws. This sometimes results in the screws
> driving the driver nuts. ;)
> de Fred, AE6QL

VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment
K3 #679, KPA-500 #018
Living the dream!!!

Re: KPA500 #202 lives minus a few screws

Fred,

Funny that you should mention "set theory".
As a freshman at Case Institute of Technology in 1959, we were subjected
to "Geunther's Green Book" which was an attempt by the author to have
the freshman math students "scrub" his efforts at writing a textbook on
set theory - we got the "textbook" a chapter at a time on copied paper
in a green binder.  Needless to say, we were at times confused, but
after a year of that effort I think we may have learned something, but
to this day I am not sure of the math of it all.  It either fits within
the bounds of a set or it does not - seems more like a merging of logic
and math to me, but then logic was closer to what I was perusing than
the math equations.

On 7/25/2011 7:47 PM, Fred Townsend wrote:
> California adopted the teaching of 'set theory' in the teaching of
> mathematics in the 1960's. Before one can count the screws one must find the
> locus of the proper set of screws. This sometimes results in the screws
> driving the driver nuts. ;)
> de Fred, AE6QL

Re: KPA500 #202 lives minus a few screws

Rick Tavan N6XI
In California, mathematics is used as punishment for failing teachers. They
are forced to "teach" math classes, for which they have no background or
education themselves, in order to get them to fail completely so they can be
fired or encourage them to leave the profession voluntarily, a faster
process that still takes a few years. So some of them, for example, occupy
their charges with a full hour of listening to audio recordings of barking
dogs. Others tell their students crap like "You aren't going to understand
this. I don't understand this. But it's on the standardized test, so listen
up." These little vignettes and others occurred at a "California
Distinguished High School" about ten years ago. So now maybe you will
understand why, yes, mathematics is indeed very hard in California. I could
go on....

/Rick N6XI

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hard to believe mathematics is so hard in California...:-)

--
Rick Tavan N6XI
Truckee, CA

Re: [OT] KPA500 screw math

Carl W Clawson
Heh. My high school algebra teacher was mainly a sports coach. Whenever a
hard question came up in class, his gaze would drift over toward my
direction, seeking for a little help...

> In California, mathematics is used as punishment for failing
> teachers. They
> are forced to "teach" math classes, for which they have no
> background or
> education themselves, in order to get them to fail completely
> so they can be
> fired or encourage them to leave the profession voluntarily, a faster
> process that still takes a few years.

Re: [OT] KPA500 screw math [END of Thread]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Folks - This is way OT and inappropriate for this list.  Let's end this thread now.

73,
Eric
List Moderator

www.elecraft.com