KPA500 ALC problem (was K3 intermittent low power output)

KPA500 ALC problem (was K3 intermittent low power output)

Dave Johnson
The problem with my K3 is actually a Voltage sitting on the ALC output
of the KPA500 all the time (circa 9 Volts), even with just the mains
turned on via the rear panel switch. As a "work around" I've turned
off external ALC with the K3 menu and it behaves itself.

No idea why there should be a steady DC Voltage on the ALC, it clearly
upsets the K3 (symptom - flashing CMP/ALC on K3 when on transmit). The
Voltage is present on the ALC phono socket without the aux cable
connected and also present on pin 15 of the aux cable.

An email has been sent to Elecraft Support...

73 Dave, G4AON