KPA500 AUX Band Button

w8fn
I'm eagerly awaiting shipping of my KPA500 kit. When I played with the
display model at Ham-Com, I asked Eric what the AUX band button did. He
said "nothing", then pushed it and it promptly tuned the connected K3 to
144 MHz, presumably a transceiver band. We were both surprised!

This is EXACTLY what I would like my new amplifier to do: switch the rig
to the transverter mode for use with my XV144. I can find nothing in any
published material that indicates how this would be accomplished. Has
anyone else played with the AUX button and found similar behavior with
shipping firmware? If so, I'd be very interested to know exactly what
configuration the K3 is put into when this happens.

73...
Randy, W8FN