[KPA500] AUX Button

alorona
What is the AUX button on the KPA500 for?

Al  W6LX

Re: [KPA500] AUX Button

Robert Friess
Hi Al,

The AUX button has no function at this time.  It is reserved for possible
future features.

73,
Bob, N6CM

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Al Lorona <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is the AUX button on the KPA500 for?
>
> Al  W6LX

Re: [KPA500] AUX Button

Jack Brindle-2
This is one of the very rare occasions when I get to correct my good friend N6CM.

Bob is partially correct. When any radio but the K3 is selected in the KPA500's menu, the AUX button currently has no function. It is reserved for future use.

If the K3 is the selected radio then presses of the AUX button, like all of the buttons in the band group, are reported to the K3. It is up to the K3 to determine what they actually do. I believe that current versions of K3 firmware will select the 2-meter transverter if it is installed. If not, then the 10 meter band is selected.

Tap it and see!

Jack Brindle, W6FB

On Aug 13, 2011, at 5:22 PM, Robert Friess wrote:

> Hi Al,
>
> The AUX button has no function at this time.  It is reserved for possible
> future features.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6CM
>
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Al Lorona <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> What is the AUX button on the KPA500 for?
>>
>> Al  W6LX
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: [KPA500] AUX Button

w8fn
I have an outboard XV144 installed following my K3, and the AUX button
puts the station on 2 meters, including activating the transverter and
selecting the appropriate drive level from the XV3 output jack. A very
nice "bonus" feature.

73...
Randy, W8FN

> This is one of the very rare occasions when I get to correct my good friend N6CM.
>
> Bob is partially correct. When any radio but the K3 is selected in the KPA500's menu, the AUX button currently has no function. It is reserved for future use.
>
> If the K3 is the selected radio then presses of the AUX button, like all of the buttons in the band group, are reported to the K3. It is up to the K3 to determine what they actually do. I believe that current versions of K3 firmware will select the 2-meter transverter if it is installed. If not, then the 10 meter band is selected.
>
> Tap it and see!
>
> Jack Brindle, W6FB
>

> On Aug 13, 2011, at 5:22 PM, Robert Friess wrote:
>
>> Hi Al,
>>
>> The AUX button has no function at this time.  It is reserved for possible
>> future features.
>>
>> 73,
>> Bob, N6CM
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Al Lorona<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> What is the AUX button on the KPA500 for?
>>>
>>> Al  W6LX

Re: [KPA500] AUX Button

N5GE

Jack is correct.  That's the way it works on my K3.  When I tap the AUX button
the K3 switches to my Internal K144XV.

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE