KPA500 Assy Man Rev B, and Programmer's Reference uploaded

KPA500 Assy Man Rev B, and Programmer's Reference uploaded

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
We have placed a new version of the KPA500 Kit Assembly Manual (Rev B),
and the KPA500 Programmer's Reference on the Manual Download Page at:
http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm

73, Eric   WA6HHQ

--
---
www.elecraft.com

Re: KPA500 Assy Man Rev B, and Programmer's Reference uploaded

M Cresap
If I hook up the KPA500 RS-232 P line to the PC, and the KPA500 RS-232 X line to the K3, will commands from the PC to/from the K3 be successfully relayed through the KPA500? Any idea of latency? ( I haven't found a definitive statement one way or the other - it apprears that the command sets are independant). If not currently available, is it on the list of things to do?

Thanks

Mike, W3IP

Re: KPA500 Assy Man Rev B, and Programmer's Reference uploaded

Dick Dievendorff
The KPA500 does *not* forward serial data thru from the RS-232 (PC) to the
RS-232 (XCVR) connector.

The KPA500's back-panel XCVR RS-232 connector is used for those transceivers
(primarily Kenwood) that provide band data through a serial connection, if
you want the KPA500 to switch bands when the radio switches bands without
transmitting.  You really don't HAVE to provide transceiver band data at
all, the KPA500 will switch very quickly on the first transmission on a new
band. The first dit will be truncated.

The KPA500's back-panel RS-232 PC connector is used for firmware load and
for remote control of the amplifier. It does not need to be connected at all
unless you need to do those functions at the moment.

73 de Dick, K6KR